Thursday, December 06, 2007

Hope Children's Home, our "home" for the next few weeks.
Our "nest" here is a little cosier than at most projects, but it is a beautiful setting and a wonderful project. There are nine couples, an unaccompanied male, and two SOWER on Assignment couples here, with PLENTY of work for all! The men have been busy renovating a couple of cabins/residences, while the ladies have been doing everything from laundry in both the girls' and boys' dorms to painting, helping in the kitchen, sorting donated clothing and deep cleaning of office and reception areas. On Tuesday the ladies met for a time of testimony and sharing....what a blessing it was to all of us! We are so enjoying getting to know even more people who desire to serve the Lord during "retirement"!
I covet your prayers as I have been asked to consider being a part of the board of Loaves and Fishes (the non-profit that sponsored the mission trip to Ukraine last summer). I want to be sure that I follow His leading, so I ask that you pray that I will clearly see His direction and not mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment