Papa Willie and Zachary at the Nashville airportToday was a momentous day in the life of young Zachary! Not only did he take his first trip on a plane....he did it as an "unaccompanied minor"! He was a little nervous, but excited at the same time. Looks a little lost under the gate sign, doesn't he?
But when we went to check him in, the gate attendant noted that this was his first flight EVER and asked him if he wanted to go into the cockpit. Well, his face lit up like the proverbial neon sign as he quickly answered, "YES!!" Then in a very small voice he said, "Excuse me, Ma'am..." When she replied with a very nice, "Yes, honey?" - well, then he asked "Could I have a window seat, please?" To which she quickly replied, "Certainly!" I think all those manners his mom and dad have tried to instill in that almost 7 yr. old lad have taken root! I was so proud of the way he handled himself....but I have to admit, it will be a lot quieter around here with him gone!
And he's on his way!
No comments:
Post a Comment