Friday, May 01, 2009

Now that we are safely "settled" in our new location (Horton Haven in Chapel Hill, TN), it's time to do a little catching up. Thought I'd start with some photos from our time at The Carter Fold last Saturday night....you know, the place/event Willie was really looking forward to?!! We were actually surprised that we were allowed to take pictures. The lighting wasn't conducive to good (?) photography, particularly with a point-and-shoot camera, but I'll share a few with you just so you get the "flavor" of a night of bluegrass!

The bluegrass band from East Tennessee State University was worth the trip....and I was struck by the wide range of styles represented...I wouldn't exactly have pegged the girl on the left as being a member of a bluegrass band. Guess it's that preconceived idea kind of thing!
Part of what made the evening unique was the enthusiastic "crowd" of cloggers/dancers that made their way to the floor in front of the stage....and there they stayed for most of the evening!
We didn't join the crowd on the "dance" floor, but we had a great time anyway!
On Tuesday we made the return trip to Jonesboro, site of last week's adventure in storytelling. It was a beautiful day, and we really enjoyed walking through the historic downtown and ducking into quaint shops. Of course, I had to take a lot of pictures....
This (photo above) is the International Storytelling Center building, which is undergoing "rejuvenation" and will reopen later this month, and this is just one of the quaint vignettes seen throughout Jonesboro.....

Ummmm.....it's beginning to look like I like towers/spires again blue skies, doesn't it? Well, I must admit it....it's true. There's just something about the crispness of a colorful building against a brilliant blue sky...and adding an American flag just makes it even better!
Today we made the trip from Doe River Gorge to where we are now parked at Horton Haven. The journey was made in torrential downpours, and we were VERY glad to pull into the camping area here. The rain, thunder and lightening made it interesting getting set up, but as always, God provides, and there were small breaks in the weather, allowing us to get the basics done. Now I am in the midst of putting everything inside "to rights" and getting ready to head up to Nashville later this weekend to visit Dad and Mom.

We ask that you continue to pray that God will use us daily for the glory of His kingdom....it is why we do what we do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment