Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yummm, yum....it's time to make a black raspberry betty with berries that Willie just picked! There are quite a number of berry bushes beside the parking lot here at my brother's church, and it's just so sad to see them going to waste (or should that be "waist"?), so we are making use of them. (This concoction will be shared with the Sunday School class in the morning...so we're not total gluttons!)

Willie has been doing quite a number of things since we have been here....from weeding, mulching, fixing leaky hoses to helping my brother with refurbishing of his pontoon boat. Sure hope they get it back in the water before we leave!

(The new flooring....which now has carpet on it, seats installed....
waiting for the console to go back on.)

And as always, we are on the lookout for those "kodak-type" moments.
And on a family note, last Saturday, July 4th and our country's Independence Day, was also my mom's 89th birthday. So we gathered at her favorite dining establishment, Picadilly, for a celebratory dinner.
She didn't want balloons (even in the nursing home she refused to have a balloon on her door or her wheelchair....said they were silly), so we opted for a simple celebration, which didn't last too long....she was tired and ready to "go home." But I guess at 89, she's more than entitled to "being tired"! It is always nice to catch up with family members, and my nephew Steve's little girl, Lela, is always material for a cute photo....even with mosquito bites and cracker crumbs on her face!

Look at those eyes!

Now for the promised update on the back/shoulder/neck issues I have been dealing with....the chiro/kineaseologist and the neuro/muscular massage specialist believe that my pain is completely muscle related.....and my M.D. concurs! I am finally beginning to feel that I may actually be able to rejoin the land of the physically active and PARTICIPATE in life, tho' right now I have to be careful....doesn't take much to bring on the pain while I go through this therapy process. (Being patient has never been one of my strong suits, but maybe it is one of the many lessons that God is bringing home to me as I deal with this.) So now it is therapy and learning new and correct ways of doing a number of things, but I do give thanks for a God who gives direction, understanding.....and even patience!

Have a blessed Lord's day tomorrow.....and if you're in the area, stop by Covenant Fellowship for some black raspberry betty....you won't be sorry!

1 comment:

  1. You sure know how to capture the moment!
    Great pictures.

    Glad to see you got reconnected.
    What did the Geek Squad charge to "fix" your computer?

    ReplyDelete