One of the things I remembered most about Horton Haven when we were here in May was the wildlife...particularly the turkeys. They could be seen just about anywhere....one strutted through the small campground....one flew over our MH....and quite a few could usually be seen in the yard of one of the houses just down the road. Since we have been here this time we haven't seen a single one....that is, until today. Now, granted, we are not here all the time, but enough to think we would spot at least one of the fowl!
Now to the rest of the story....
Today we took a day trip down to Scottboro, AL, and on our way we were taken completely by surprise. Yup, you guessed it....by at least a dozen turkeys in the middle of a four-lane highway. And believe me, they were in no hurry to move along! I was so taken by surprise that I didn't even get my camera out of my purse to document the sight. Bummer!! It was quite the beginning to our day....put a smile on our faces!
Hope your weekend has some surprises that you make you smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment