Monday, February 15, 2010

MONTH #2

Well, the snow is gone....I suppose that I'm glad, but it WAS sooooo pretty.  Now I guess I'll wait for the first flowers of spring that should be poking their heads up in the next couple of weeks!

I know that I promised to post an update on the project here (Shocco Springs)....didn't quite make it on Saturday, but two days late is better than a week late, right?  At least that's what I am telling myself!

We are now into the second week of the project, and we are doing more of the same.  Wait...I am doing more of the same, but Willie has moved on to "bigger and better" things.  Well, at least other things.  He has been working in the maintenance shop the last few days....there are always vacuum cleaners, ironing boards, and lamps that need to be repaired.  Today he repaired and cleaned up a picnic table that had been "out of service" for a long time.  Nothing really big, but all of these little chores get pushed to the side when there are more pressing (ooo...pun was NOT intended, but it'll do) things to be done.   So the pile of "little" stuff just keeps getting bigger and bigger....and now, he has at least made a dent in it!

I am continuing to work in the office, cataloguing and labeling digital photos, along with doing some drafting and editing of text for the website and print material.  All of which I thoroughly enjoy, so I don't mind that I am doing the same thing I did last month!!

Again this month there is a group of MMAP volunteers that are here working.  We are enjoying devotions and meal times together....it is always nice to meet other Christians who are involved in working for the Lord in their "golden" (??) years and to know that even tho' we may have a different "name", we are serving the same Lord.

Therapy sessions are continuing for my shoulder....which is doing remarkably well...praise the Lord! I am continually reminded of His love and protection...what an awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment