Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Lull....what lull?

Thank goodness there was a short lull the first part of July, because since then...well, let's just say, "lull" is not a word that has been part of my vocabulary recently!!

But first, a little catching up....we had a blast with Zach when he came to visit us for a week....and we enjoyed the quick trip to Nashville/Franklin to pick him up, spend a little time with Jon, and take my mom and dad out for a birthday celebration lunch.  Oh, BTW, my mom's 91st birthday was the reason for the celebration!
Zach with his greatgrandparents, Dot and Euel Fox

Zach was thrilled to have a little one-on-one time with his much-loved Uncle Jon....of course, the thrill of playing a "cool" video game wasn't too bad, either!

While Zach was with us we enjoyed lots of time outdoors, but I think one of the highlights for him was chasing and catching lightening bugs...he had never seen them before! 
Skipping rocks, catching "baby" frogs, looking for bugs, throwing frisbees, roasting marshmallows for s'mores, roasting hotdogs, going fishing with Pops (as Zach decided to call him during his visit), along with lots of other fun activities....grandkids are such fun!!! 
(For more photos of Zach's Tennessee fun, click here)

We've also been busy with gardening chores....watering (90+ weather...yuck), harvesting and replanting...and checking on the bees.  Let me just say, they're not too happy with all this heat and humidity, either....trying hard to keep the hive cool by fanning those little wings.  Whew....they make me tired just watching them!  I'll try to get some photos of the bees and garden progress up later, but for now....just take my word for it....the bees are working and so are we!

There is so much to catch up on....from volunteer work at Doe River, to participation in ECHO Sunday through our church (can't wait to share that one), to a visit to Biltmore with a sweet friend,  and even some work on some projects around the house.  Goodness....maybe I should just stay up all night and blog!  On second thought, that lemon cake I'm baking is sending out enticing aromas and I need to make sure I don't burn it....we're having friends over for dinner Thursday night!  And then there are thoughts of my wonderful bed...and sleep.  Yeah, I've decided I can't do without it,(sleep, that is) so no all-night blogging for me, but I WILL try to catch up in the next few days.

In the meantime, here is a verse that was brought home to me today when I called someone on something they had said....and God spoke to my soul, reminding me of this verse from a devotional I read recently...Proverbs 16:24.

"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones." 

Lord, help me to remember to speak with your love filling me...for only then will I speak "words....like a honeycomb."  Let us all speak words of kindness to those around us so that they can see the love of Christ shining through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment