Tuesday, April 07, 2009

SnowIT'S CALLED "DOGWOOD WINTER"....and, boy, does it ever feel like winter! We awoke to a dusting of snow on the ground, and the snow showers continued intermittently all day. After our work cleaning the office kitchen area, Esther and I took a walk....thought I'd share some of the sights with you.

Entrance to Doe River Gorge

View from the road leading into the Gorge....
Loved the contrast of the spring flowers and the skim of snow!
One of the sights that captured my attention on the walk down to the river..
And when Willie and I took a short drive a little further up the mountain, we were delighted with this sight.....baby Christmas trees all decked out in snow.....how appropriate! But in April?
Now we will have to wait and see what tomorrow brings....more snow scenes or a return to the warmer temps that make those spring beauties ? Check back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment