Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Yesterday was a special day in the lives of my parents....their 65th wedding anniversary! They would be spending this in a quite different setting from their 60th (when we had a surprise celebration for them and family came from near and far). This celebration took place in the nursing home where they are presently living. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to be there and help make this a special day....so after a couple of phone calls.....well, it is just amazing what God can do!

Dad called me last night to share how special their celebratory dinner was.....the conference room had been decorated, flowers were there, and a special candlelit dinner of fish and shrimp, along with potatoes and green beans, was served to them by a couple of very special staff.....followed by strawberry shortcake! There was a card signed by many of the residents, and the flowers I had requested were there! My brother and his wife stopped by with gifts....all in all, Dad said it made them both feel very special....a perfect gift on a special day.

(Photo was taken in February when Willie and I took them out to Red Lobster.)

HAPPY 65th ANNIVERSARY
to my Dad and Mom,
EUEL and DOROTHY FOX

No comments:

Post a Comment