Friday, June 26, 2009

Thank you to all who have been lifting me and my pain up before the Lord! I had an appointment with the neurologist yesterday, and it went pretty well. No real answers, except that there is nothing wrong with my neurological state (some make take exception to that!). He is not ruling out fibromyalgia, but is not inclined toward that diagnosis....instead feels that for some reason I have been experiencing episodes of extreme muscle spasms. I started with focused and intense (and I do mean INTENSE) deep tissue massage yesterday, and start muscle relaxers today, and will continue with the chiro/kinesiologist. The therapist feels that it is all muscle related and possibly has its origins in the shoulder repair I had 35+ years ago...with no physical therapy afterward, and resulting in a definite change in the way I have carried myself over the years. It is hard not to have definitive answers, but I pray that this avenue of treatment will be effective. I continue to covet your prayers through the next days, weeks, and months....the Lord is in control and more than able to heal!

No comments:

Post a Comment