Tuesday, August 10, 2010

As Promised....well, almost as promised!

Yes, I'm posting pics of the first day of  PawMimi Camp ("stole" this idea from my friend Mary) 
...a little later than promised, but right now, that is nothing new...unfortunately!
Anyway...we started the week out with grandson Nicholas (showing off his bubblegum-bubble-blowing skills)
who spent Sunday night with us in the motorhome....
Monday morning ....bright and early...okay, early.  (I don't think I'm ever "bright" at 6:15 a.m.!)  But back to the early morning part....Brandon joined us and after a quick stop for some blood work, we headed down to
Knotts Island and a ride on the ferry....a first for both of the boys.

(Photo taken by a German tourist who was on a road trip with a friend attending Penn State....amazing the folks you meet "on the road".)
I think they had fun, don't you?

After we disembarked in Currituck North Carolina, we headed to our next stop....GRAVEDIGGER!!!  (For those of you not versed in monster truck lore....well, GraveDigger is the original big name in monster trucks.)
 We checked all the static displays outside and then checked out the museum/gift shop inside, and THEN....
well, the guys all just had to have a ride on one of the monster trucks....
 Nothing too dramatic, to be sure, but it was a ride on a monster truck, so it rated right up there on the "cool" scale.
We stopped for a picnic at a roadside rest area....
and had an unexpected guest...
 .....pretty, huh?

 And then there was a stop at a Farmer's Market...
 ......yup, you read right....TRACTOR churned ice cream!
and then on to our last stop....a guy's dream "graveyard" - 
 ....located at an antique car/vehicle restorer.  The little guys enjoyed walking around with Paw, but I think this stop on the "tour" was more for Paw than for them!

And that was our first day of PawMimi Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment