Friday, March 19, 2010

YIKES!!

Okay, I know it's all going to come together...but I must admit when I looked around and saw all this just a little while ago, I felt a twinge of ...maybe apprehension....or fear....or nervousness... or maybe all three...

 ....but more likely, I felt grateful for a husband who's not afraid to tackle some of those "not-so-easy" jobs that need doing.  The current projects are:
  1. Replacing the front roof-top air conditioner - that's what the hole in the ceiling is all about....and the new air conditioner sitting on the picnic table....just waiting to be put in place. 
  2. Mounting the tow plate to the "new-to-us" car so that it can follow along behind us when we leave here.  Hence, the front bumper lying in the leaves!
  3. Next, comes four new BIG tires for the back axles....try truck tires, for size!
Projects already completed this month....a new serpentine belt installed (thank you, King Fulton, for your guidance and assistance)....and while it's not a completed project, Willie found in the course of installing the new belt for the dash air conditioner compressor, that the compressor was bad...AND subsequently discovered that there is a leak in the cooling system somewhere.  Now that project is on hold for a couple of months.  

We are enjoying gorgeous weather today, and while it WOULD be nice to be out exploring or enjoying the great outdoors on such a fine day, we are grateful that the weather is cooperating with all the "repair/maintenance" plans!

1 comment:

  1. Girrrrl!! Miss a little, miss a lot! I haven't been over here in awhile. I love the blog look! Very cute. I agree I love having a man around that will tackle those projects and looks like Willie has plenty to do! I'm glad the weather is holding out for you. I LOVE the bday post! Your poor cake! :( I would've cried too! But wow! you pulled it off anyway. I did the same thing (larger tip) with Maddox's shark cake this year. Time was running out. Love the pinnata! Your spring pictures were beautiful too!
    Happy Spring!

    ReplyDelete