Monday, June 21, 2010

The Week In Review!

And, oh, what a week it was!   Remember that mention of the motorhome saga?  Well, I'm going to let you in on just a little of our frustration!  We had been planning to take the motorhome in to a business that we had used in the past and had been very pleased with their work.  So.....on Monday of last week, we stowed everything and had our bags packed for an undetermined number of days without our little "house".  We drove "the Beast" to aforementioned RV business, and after going over everything that we felt needed checking out or repair, we drove away....feeling that our home was in good hands and would be returned to us in better shape than when we had left it.  We settled in with gracious friends and looked forward  to the week.  Well, that was on Monday.  On Wednesday we got a call that our motorhome was ready and we could come pick it up.  So excited....!  Yay!   Hooray!  Ugh....that "hooray" quickly changed to disbelief  as he told us what he thought we should do or have done....the very things that we had thought HE was going to fix!  So after almost three days, we had our home back....but in no better shape than it had left.  And I think WE were in WORSE shape!  (BTW - we now have an appointment for the Beast next week - with someone else, you can be sure!)

In the midst of all of this, Willie's daughter Amber was coming to the Beach for a visit (which included her 30th birthday), I had several doctor's appointments, and had also volunteered to be at Brandon's end-of-school-year party!  But I must say, the rest of the week was certainly better than the motorhome fiasco!

Willie spent most of the day on Thursday with Amber (she helped him with some yard work here at the church and they took a long walk on the beach.....ouch....can you say, SUNBURN?!),
while I went to Brandon's school for the party. 
 
Sorry, no pictures of the walk on the beach....I wasn't there to take the pictures!  ;-)

Saturday was Amber's birthday,
and family and friends gathered at Becky and James' for a celebatory cookout! 
Willie and I got to meet Tom's girlfriend, Angel
and we hope to meet up with them later in the summer so we can visit a little more.

We also got to hear about Cody's new summer internship with the City of Va Beach (which he started today).
And of course, to enjoy birthday cake (german chocolate by request).
Happy 30th Birthday, Amber!

 And that, folks, is our week in review! 

No comments:

Post a Comment