I know I have shared a lot of pics of the wonderful area where this project is located, but we really have been working......I promise! Two weeks of the project are complete, and several things have been accomplished, but there is still work to be done!
This weekend is one of two Father/Son Retreats to be held at Doe River this fall, and the eight cornhole boards
made by the guys and the corn bags made by the ladies (see previous post from Sept. 2nd) are already in use this weekend! In addition to varnishing the walls in the rooms of Mountain Lodge, the men also disassembled the bunks in that lodge for a thorough cleaning after the rush of summer camps was over. They also designed and built several sawhorses...
and are now in the process of reconstructing a crossing up at the railroad near the first tunnel.
Willie had the fun of designing and constructing a "carp containment" device (as he so affectionately dubbed it) which is presently housing a number of carp for the "Carp Wrangling" event tomorrow (gotta' get pictures of THAT).
We helped out by doing the twice weekly office cleaning and also some weeding of the lovely landscaping/flowerbeds around the office. Word has it that we may be vacuuming mattresses next week, but we will be glad to do whatever it is that is asked of us....because we are doing it for the Lord!
Check back in the next couple of days, and I'll have another post about some of the excursions we have taken and the goings-on around these parts. Hey, we're in the mountains of eastern Tennessee....don't you think I'm picking up the lingo?!

No comments:
Post a Comment