Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Change....

Today is one of "those" days....a day when I feel a slight restlessness, when I am ready for a little change...and I think the changing of the seasons is just what I am looking forward to.  A crispness in the air, the beautiful colors in the ever-changing foliage....the taste of a pumpkin latte or some mulled apple cider. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed the summer months with all their activity, but now I am ready for time for introspection, self-examination....and that seems to come easiest to me in the autumn months.  Don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of "activities" to be involved in....community group has started back up, the Bible study that I lead is already in progress with another one to start the first of next month....but there's just something about fall that seems to give me time to look deeper within myself....and others...and situations.  At times it can be eye-opening....at other times it is painful....and still other times bring a deep sense of peace to my spirit.  Whatever else it brings, it usually brings growth, and for that I am grateful.
What about the coming autumn months inspires change in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment