Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Life goes on....

In the midst of all the events of the last several weeks, we have been reminded that life does, indeed, go on!  Last weekend, we decided that if we were going to get any honey from the hives this year, we had better get busy....so on the appointed day, Mr. Man and I suited up.  Well, Mr. Man did....I settled for a good thick white shirt and my hat/veil.  After all, I was only taking pictures, right?  I'm not sure all of the bees believed that.  No, I didn't get stung, but boy, were those guard bees ever vigilant....at one point chasing me halfway up to the house!  But we did manage to "rob" enough honey to get us through the winter and spring....hopefully, next year will be a more productive year for "our" bees, as my dad used to call them!
Looks like a pretty good brood (eggs, larvae) for this late in the year!
I really don't think they were too happy with us today....
 Mmmmm....yummy honey!

 Closing up...
And, now, on to today's chore....well, yesterday and today's that is.  Mr. Man borrowed a power washer from our wonderful neighbor yesterday, and in the middle of cleaning our front porch and sidewalk, it inexplicably stopped working.  After much fretting and some time on the internet....love that easy access to manuals...he was able to diagnose the problem and soon had it working again!  Gotta' love a "can-do" kind of guy....that's my Mr. Man!
 And wow....what a difference!
 

Thanks, hon....job well done!
 
And now to leave you with a little bit of beauty from the field behind our house....
 
Just look around....there are always little bits of beauty....even in the midst of tangled messes, hard situations, hurt feelings, medical issues, financial difficulties....whatever your particular struggle is today, stop and look for a little piece of beauty.  It's there...we just need to take our eyes off ourselves for a little while and we will see it.  What little bit of beauty have you seen today?

No comments:

Post a Comment