.....and Lucas was all gung-ho for, well about 15 minutes! He sure was cute with his hat and rod and reel, though!
Papa was always available for assistance....
Nathan hoping he gets a nibble....
Brandon casting out and Lucas deciding he was done with this fishing gig!So Nathan, Lucas and I headed for the playground, but even tho' the slide was fun, it was a little too warm for comfort!
Lucas and Nathan did spend a little time cooperating to get this particular apparatus to spin
.....but even there the heat became just a little too much, so we headed home, leaving Papa and the two older boys to continue with their fishing. Unfortunately, we did not have an uneventful trip home!
First flat tire I've had in a loooooong time, and I certainly didn't think it came at a good time! Of course, is there EVER a good time for a flat tire? I was very grateful, tho', that it happened close to home and wonderful neighbors came and rescued us! To make matters even more unpalatable for some boys, this changed our plans for the rest of the day so instead of heading to the local water park, we headed up to a neighbor's (the same ones who rescued us) pool. I think they all had a good time, and by supper time were worn out. And what do you have for supper on fishing day? Fish, shrimp and "chips", of course!
Day #5 will have a patriotic theme since it was July 4th, and we will welcome Jenn, her fiancée Matt, and his two boys, Eli and Connor, to our crazy week of camp!


No comments:
Post a Comment