Remember that joke about how to eat an elephant? One bite at a time! Well, that's how I am going to approach catching up on all the happenings around here that I HAVEN'T blogged about for, oh, any number of reasons...the first being that I am SOOOOOO far behind that I every time I sat down at the computer I was overwhelmed. Where to start? So I am going to just pick a spot and jump in, so to speak.
How about we start with the weather? We love this area...we love the mountains, we love the seasons, we love our house, we love the pace of life....but right now, we are not so sure about the winter weather! Yes, we checked out the average temperature and snowfall, but geez louise...we really didn't expect THIS much snow THIS early. It should have been a warning to us when it snowed a week after we moved in (of course, we were in VaBeach packing up our storage locker, so missed it). We have had at least a foot of snow to date (I know, some of you are saying, "Quit yer whining!"). It really isn't so bad, just not quite what we had expected....think that next winter may bring a couple of warmer-weather-SOWER-projects or at least some short term trips to warmer climes. Guess we have gotten spoiled!
All the whining aside, the snow has brought a new dimension to the landscape...and you know me...always a sucker for a pretty vista or vignette!
 |
| Our backyard - underneath there, I think! |
 |
| Tree branches outside our front window |
 |
| This pair frequently "run off" our other more timid visitors |
 |
| We have at least four pairs of cardinals that visit our "feeder" |
 |
| Even LOOKS cold, huh? |
 |
| Think maybe he wanted to come in?! |
 |
| It IS beautiful! |
Okay, okay....I have to admit that I am enjoying many aspects of this season....just wish it didn't snow QUITE so often. I do count my blessings, tho'.....the snow plow/salt truck comes down our street every day that the roads have been covered by ice or snow....which is surprising to me since we live out in the country in a small neighborhood with just a few streets (all dead end). Hmmmm....wonder if someone "important" (other than us, of course!) lives in our little neck of the woods. Regardless, it IS muchly appreciated!
We do love the variety of the seasons, and realize that all of this cold, snow and ice will make us appreciate the coming of spring even more....when it will be time for planting of flowers, herbs, vegetables...think I'll order some seed catalogs so that we can start planning!
Tomorrow I will be back....with some more "catching up" stuff...until then, what are YOUR adventures, blessings and/or challenges?
No comments:
Post a Comment