I guess I was a little premature in my self-congratulations....I missed posting yesterday! Actually, I had planned to post last night after we got back from an outdoor drama in nearby Elizabethtown, but by the time I could get around to posting....well, it was already today, so I decided to do it when I was a little less sleepy and a lot more focused! I know, I know....you're thinking, "Excuses, excuses!" And you would be right!
We did have a nice date last night...had planned to try out a new (to us) restaurant in Kingsport but the storms rolling that way after the previous day's floods had us going to Carraba's instead .....loooove their crab cakes! Then it was on over to Elizabethton for Veteran's Appreciation Night (free entry) at "Liberty", the outdoor drama that has been presented for the last 31 years at Sycamore Shoals State Park.
Before the actual drama began, the emcee selected members from each of the branches of the Armed Forces to come to the front. Little did they know they were going to be competing in a corn-eating contest. A couple of the guys started right in...shucking and chowing down that fire-roasted corn just as fast as they could...and then there were others who stood around looking at that ear like it was something dangerous. And then it dawned on me.....I bet you can figure it out, too....
BTW - if you're interested, the second guy from the left won!

No comments:
Post a Comment